Single Skein Scarf Crochet Pattern
by Kristi Simpson
- You may use the finished items for personal and commercial use.
- You must use your own photos as a representation of your work.
- You may not use the photo(s) shown.
- Do not resell, share or redistribute the pattern.
How to Read this Pattern:
1. When a number is before the command, such as 3hdc, you will work in the SAME stitch.
2. When a number is AFTER the command, such as hdc3, you will work that command in the number of FOLLOWING stitches.
3. The number in parenthesis () at the end of the round is the TOTAL number of stitches for that round.
Crochet hook size h-5mm
Broom Stick or cut dowel rod with same thickness
1 skeins of same yarn Medium Weight (such as Red Heart, Vanna’s Choice..etc)
Gauge: not necessary for scarf
Turn, sc in the first stitch and across
Repeat until the length of scarf desire is reached. Now, the broomstick lace will be added on each end.
Row 1 (right side): Holding dowel rod in left hand, place last loop of last chain on needle.
*insert hook in next chain, yarn over, pull loop through and place on rod; repeat from *
Across – 20 loops on rod.
Row 2: Insert hook in center of first 5 loops,
holding loops together as one, ch 1, 5 sc in same set of 5 loops, sliding loops off rod,
*insert hook in next set of 5 loops and work 5 sc; repeat from * across
– 4 groups of 5 sc.
Row 3: Pull up last loop and place on needle. Working tbl (the back loop) ONLY, pull up a loop in each sc across – 20 loops.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for lace pattern, ending with row 2.
Cut your yarn in 6 inch strips fold in half and pull center loop through the stitch. Pull the ends of the stripes through the center loop. Pull to tighten. Trim to desired length.