Pumpkin Beanie Crochet Pattern
by Kristi Simpson
- You may use the finished items for personal and commercial use.
- You must use your own photos as a representation of your work.
- You may not use the photo(s) shown.
- Do not resell, share or redistribute the pattern.
How to Read this Pattern:
1. When a number is before the command, such as 3hdc, you will work in the SAME stitch.
2. When a number is AFTER the command, such as hdc3, you will work that command in the number of FOLLOWING stitches.
3. The number in parenthesis () at the end of the round is the TOTAL number of stitches for that round.
What you need:
Size H-5.0mm Crochet hook
"I love this Yarn!" 7oz/355yds
1 skein: Desert Glaze (ColorB)
Premier Deborah Norville Everyday Collection 4oz180yds
1 skein: Chocolate (Color A)
1 skein: Sagebush (Color C)
Gauge: 4 Inches =16 stitches and 8 rows in fpdc
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Front Post DoubleCrochet (fpdc)
Back Post Single crochet (bpsc)
Gauge: 17 stitches x 14 rows in sc= 4" square
0-3 months: 12-14.5" Circumference; 4.5-6" Height
Using Color A, ch2.
Round 1: 4sc in first chain, do not join (4 sts).
Rounds 2-3: Working in the round, sc in each stitch (4 sts).
Round 4: 2sc in each stitch (8 sts).
Round 5: Sc in each stitch (8 sts).
Round 6: *Sc, 2sc in next stitch, repeat from * 3 more times (12 sts).
Rounds 7-9: Sc7, hdc5 (12 sts). Sl st to the first stitch of last row to join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Round 10: Join Color B in any stitch, sc in each stitch (12 sts).
Round 11: Ch1, (sc, fpdc) in each stitch, sl st to the first stitch to join round (24 sts).
Round 12: Ch1, * 2sc in the same stitch, fpdc on last fpdc, repeat from * to complete round, sl st to the first stitch to join round (36 sts).
Rounds 13-25: Ch1, sc2, fpdc, repeat from * to complete round, sl st to the first stitch to join (36 sts).
Rounds 26-27: Ch1, bpsc in each stitch,sl st to the first stitch to join (36 sts). Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Using Color C, ch15.
Row 1: 3sc in second chain from hook, 3sc in each chain. Fasten off, leaving a long tail.
Using ends, tie onto hat. Weave in ends.